Legislative Branch Updates:
See these slides
for some info on what Congress may try to address in December and potential candidates for the Democratic leadership contest, if there is turnover. I put these together quickly – if you’re confused, feel free to ask me questions.
Executive Branch Updates:
Student loan forgiveness paused
. This is part of an overall rise
in individual federal district-court judges halting or reversing federal policies by issuing nationwide injunctions.
- NEW Shape Biden Administration environmental-justice agenda by making a comment (virtual or in-person) at this public meeting
- NEW Nice write-up of Labor Secretary Marty Walsh’s visit to RecycleForce in Indianapolis, which gives justice-involved young people job placements in electronics recycling
- CLASP Blog: Safer for Whom? The Bipartisan Safer Communities Act Does Not Actually Keep Communities Safe
- NYEC Annual Forum, April 4-7, 2023, in Indianapolis: Propose a session, register
- The Department of Labor released a guide with suggestions for workforce agencies on how to create pathways into infrastructure jobs: pp. 13-14 flags some DOT funding streams that could be tapped for workforce funding.
- October OY Stakeholder Briefing: Tapping New Federal Funding to Help Older Youth Thrive
- Recording: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/Fp9zjmQk9esrIWmvyUzS-D9i4r5QCf7lJuwUv3aCzSA4L4h0e6oSmAjm4XuNH3q2.A0AXJeXVgjxbvmI6
- Slides, including links to register for the series and many resources: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13-sBftMpHCCcfeLZC3EuyYu-fQ1tSLmK/edit#slide=id.p1
- From Emerald Cities Collaborative, an extensive collection of J40-related resources organized by federal agency
- From US Department of Transportation, a guide to “meaningful public involvement in transportation decisionmaking” – gives a sense of how this agency defines involvement (i.e. consultation, but not partnership or co-design)
- The RYC advocacy resource page contains information and resources for conducting meetings with your member of Congress including a toolkit, recording video training and infographic.
- Moving the Money: American Rescue Plan Local Action Tools – SparkAction